Military Discharges

Our office records Military Discharges in association with the Chester County Veterans' Affairs Office.  After recordation and microfilming, these important document images are impounded and kept in a secure location within our Search Library.  This insures that only the serviceperson, his or her family, or authorized military personnel or veterans' agencies will have access to these recorded documents.  Military Discharges are the only documents we maintain which are not made a part of the public record.
Recording Your Military Discharge Document
To record your Military Discharge, go to our office, the Recorder of Deeds Office located at 313 West Market Street, Suite 3302, West Chester, Pennsylvania 19380 and we will assist you in getting your Discharge properly recorded.
Obtaining a Certified Copy of a Previously Recorded Military Discharge
If your Military Discharge has already been recorded in our office, and you now require a Certified Copy, please visit our Search Library located adjacent to our office at 313 West Market Street, Suite 3302 in the Borough of West Chester, or call (610)-344-6330, and a staff member will assist you.