Freedom Fest - Concert & Fireworks
Chester County Commissioners, Chester County Department of Facilities & Parks, Herr Foods and Jeff D'Ambrosio Chevrolet present the 26th annual Freedom Fest
Saturday, July 1
6 PM - 11 PM
Nottingham County Park
Entertainment, Fireworks & FoodTimes are approximate
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Test your balance and climb to the top of Jacob's Ladder. For more thrill, twist and spin on one of three Orbotrons. Designed by a former NASA engineer, your body movements send the Orbotron flipping and spinning, twirling and whirling in all directions.
Sample snacks from Herr Food's and enjoy festival style foods from a dozen food vendors. You are welcome to bring a picnic lunch of your own, but please be advised. that for security purposed, all coolers, bags and similiar items are subject to being searched.
"On the Rise" returns to the Freedom Fest stage. Playing your favorite classic rock, oldies and country hits, their music catalog spans from Chuck Berry, The Doobie Brothers, Johnny Cash, Luke Bryant and everything in between. Band leader Doug Lester has been playing music for 45 years, playing along side some of music's biggest stars like Alabama, Steve Warner, Ronnie McDowell, and has been a staple guitarist for Ronnie Dove for 40 years. Their collective years and knowledge of music and talent makes "On the Rise" a distinctly different band that will have you dancing and singing along.
7:15 PM - Concert
County officials will welcome our guests and acknowledge Freedom Fest's 2017 sponsors.
9:15 PM - Acknowledgements
Celebrate Independence Day with an amazing 30-minute show of dazzling surprises and ground displays set to music. The grand finale incorporates the traditional raising of the American flag above the fields of Nottingham County Park.
9:30 PM - Firework Display
- $10/ per vehicle parking fee at Nottingham County Park and Herr’s Corporate Center.
- Free shuttle bus service is available to and from the Herr's Corporate Center beginning at 6:00 PM.
- No admission fees
- Field seating is available for the entertainment and fireworks. Early arrival is encouraged, as well as blankets and lawn chairs. No canopies or pets permitted.
- Restrooms and hand wash stations are adjacent to the event field.
- An ATM will be available.
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
Parking is available at Nottingham County Park and Herr Foods, Inc. Both are located off the Route 272 Exit of U.S. Route 1 in West Nottingham Township.
From this intersection, signs are posted to direct you to the two available parking areas.
Choose your parking area based on the number and ages of people in your party, and the amount of gear you are managing:
Area 1: General Parking
Enter from Cemetery Road - parking is on the west side of the park. A brief walk (approximately 1/2 mile) through the park leads to the event field. This is the best option for families with strollers. When the fireworks end, please return directly to your vehicle and exit. The park will be illuminated from the event field to the parking area. There is no shuttle service from this location.
Area 2: Herr’s Corporate CenterShuttle Buses 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM (or until lot is full)
Note: Upon exiting, you may experience a prolonged wait to catch a shuttle bus back to the parking areas. Please be patient. You do not need to return on the same bus you rode from the parking area.
Parking for Person with Disability: Available at both locations. Please inform parking personnel of your situation.
For Both Parking Areas:
- Parking gates open at 6:00 PM.
- $10/ per vehicle; Re-entries will be subject to parking fee.
- There is no vehicle access to the event field to drop off anything before entering parking areas.
- Rain date parking vouchers will be distributed at both locations.
Travel To/ From Freedom Fest
All roads to Freedom Fest close by 9:00 PM! Plan to arrive early! Freedom Fest traditionally attracts 8,000-10,000 visitors, so leave plenty of time for travel and expect delays upon exiting. In cooperation with West Nottingham Township officials, parking plans and road restrictions will be in effect.
- Old Baltimore Pike and Park Road between Herr Drive and Cemetery Road close to the public at 3:00 PM. Access to the Nottingham County Park event parking area is via Cemetery Road.
- Upon exiting, Cemetery Road between Glen Roy Road and Park Road will be one way until midnight.
ARRIVING:At 3:00 PM, vehicle traffic becomes one way from the intersection of Herr Drive/ Old Baltimore Pike to the intersection of Park and Cemetery Roads. As of 5:00 PM, this section is closed to all vehicle traffic except event shuttle buses.
EXITING: When exiting Herr’s, you will be directed to Route 272 via Herr Drive. Exiting Nottingham Park, you must either go straight across (north) on Cemetery Road to Route 272 near the Route 1 interchange OR turn left (west) onto Park Road toward Lee’s Bridge Road. Access to Route 1 is via Lee’s Bridge Road to south on Fremont Road, east to West Ridge Road. This is approximately a 3-mile trip, but generally less congested.
Safety and enjoyment are our main concerns at this community event.
- When arranging your viewing space (blankets and chairs), please be mindful of those around you.
- The following areas are roped-off for emergency access purposes. Please do not sit or place your belongings in these areas.
- center of the field
- area in front of the bus stops
- gravel road separating the event field
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Ignited materials, including sparklers, are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking permitted in designated areas only.
- No pets permitted
Location & Contact Information
Nottingham County Park is located at 150 Park Road, in West Nottingham Township.
For event information, road restrictions and parking questions, contact the park office at 610-932-2589.