Meetings & Events
2018 Board MeetingsAg Council board meetings, which are also open to the public, are held at 9:30 AM on the following dates:
- January 3rd at the Government Services Center, Suite 270
- March 7th at the New Garden Township Building - 299 Starr Road, Landenberg, PA 19350
- May 2nd at the Government Services Center, Suite 270
- September 5th at the West Fallowfield Township Building - 3095 Limestone Road, Cochranville, PA 19330
- November 7th at the Government Services Center, Suite 270
Agricultural Antiques & Modern Machines, August 9th
Come visit scenic Maple Lawn Farm in southern Chester County and experience the evolution of agriculture as part of the 2018 Town Tours and Village Walks free series. Find out how technology and innovation have changed the way corn, hay, grain and dairy are produced. There will be a range of museum-worthy farm equipment from the late 1800s and early 1900s, up to and including some of the modern combines and tractors used today. A blacksmith will be on hand with the tools of his trade to demonstrate how farm implements and horseshoes are forged. In addition, Maple Lawn Farm features a stunning example of an historic bank barn, hand hewn by master carpenter Ferdinand Wood, who built many of the covered bridges that make Chester County’s landscape so distinctive in the region.
Parking & Registration: Parking on site at the farm, 380 Forest Manor Road, Cochranville, with shuttle services provided from overflow parking area. On-site farm tour, expect uneven terrain. For more information about the Town Tour and Village Walk event series: http://www.chescoplanning.org/HisResources/TownTours.cfm.