The Domiciliary Care (DOM Care) Program provides a supportive, home-like living arrangement in the community for adults who need assistance to live independently. Prospective clients are matched with certified homes which best meet their needs, preferences, and interests.
Who is Eligible?
You must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Independently mobile or semi-mobile (able to vacate the home without assistance or with only minimal assistance)
- Not in need of nursing or hospital care
- Not able to live alone
- Requires assistance in 1 or more of the following:
- Activities of daily living
- Social or personal adjustments
- Management of limitations resulting from a disability
What does the Program Offer?
- Advanced level of personal care for those who qualify
- Assistance with activities of daily living and personal care
- Assistance with transportation needs
- Provision support, companionship and 24-hour supervision
- Room and board, housekeeping, and laundry service
DOM Care managers assist with matching clients to DOM Care homes.After placement, the care managers visit the homes regularly to assure that the placement remains appropriate and that on-going care management is provided.A care plan is developed with the client and the provider to identify needs, goals, and services